Those Eternal Sorbs

  • Jeff Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 9, 2001
      I was just "pinged" by the Sorbs, as Alastair was
      earlier.

      They used my janos@... address, which I only
      use for SCA related things. Somebody, somewhere is
      harvesting our email addresses.

      Janos

      =====
      JEFFREY C. SMITH
      HQ USAREUR/7A
      CMR 420, BOX 2839
      APO AE 09063-2839

      "Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done." -- G. W. Bush

      http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
    • Shubelka, Mark
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 9, 2001
        I'm sorry I must have missed a previous posting, whats a Sorb?

        Kythe

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 9, 2001
          --- Jeff Smith <janos@...> wrote:
          > I was just "pinged" by the Sorbs, as Alastair was
          > earlier.
          >
          > They used my janos@... address, which I only
          > use for SCA related things. Somebody, somewhere is
          > harvesting our email addresses.
          >
          > Janos

          You too, huh? The derned message was so long, Yahoo
          truncated it, I think...

          Tasha

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 9, 2001
            --- "Shubelka, Mark" <Mark.Shubelka@...>
            wrote:
            > I'm sorry I must have missed a previous posting,
            > whats a Sorb?
            >
            > Kythe

            The Sorbs (aka Wends) are a Slavic minority in what is
            now eastern Germany. There have been a few of us now
            that have received emails to do something about the
            German government cutting funds to their schools, and
            therefore being anti-Sorb.

            What I've read about them (historically, not this
            garbage) is pretty interesting. NOTE TO SELF: read
            about the Sorbs again.

            Janos

            =====

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 9, 2001
              In a message dated 10/9/2001 8:15:20 AM Central Daylight Time,
              tasha_medvedeva@... writes:

              > You too, huh? The derned message was so long, Yahoo

              Me too, but I just deleted it. Not the first time a political group uses
              mailing lists. I was on one from some Croat group -- they keep sending me
              their journal, which ends up in the trash. Not good journalism anyway. It's
              "we're good, everybody else is bad" stuff.

              Predslava.