Re: [sig] Khazar/Scythian follow up

  • Patricia Hefner
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2001
      .
      > > Did you know that Picts probably were Scythians?
      > When the remnants of their
      > > kingdom fell, in the 4th century C.E.(thanks to
      > the Ostrogoths), the
      > > Scythians must have absorbed some Germans(the
      > Roxolani, a tribe of
      > > Sarmatians certainly did). Realistically, the
      > Scotish got most of their
      > > red/blonde hair from the Vikings rather than from
      > Picts.

      I think I'll barge in here. :-) There's alot of
      controversy surrounding the origin of the Picts. I've
      never heard of them being related to the Scythians. I
      know a little bit about Scottish ancestry because
      that's my mundane ancestry and I've traced my
      ancestors back to the Middle Ages. Let's see, we got
      Vikings, Norman French, Germanic peoples from England
      running away from William the Conquerer, not to
      mention a holdover of Brythonic Celts left over from
      an ancient kingdom called Strathclyde where Dumfries
      and Galloway and northwest England are now. It's
      *impossible* to know for sure just where the red hair
      came from, but for the record, I'm a brunette. :-)

      Isabelle de Foix
      Shire Brantestone
      Kingdom of Meridies

      http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1