Re: [sig] Khazar/Scythian follow up

  • Vaclav von Pressburg
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2001
      On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 05:13:34PM -0400, E D wrote:
      > The only thing that frustrated me was what one said about the
      > mediterranean-Scandinavian mix. And the Thing about Picts having red-hair.
      > Did you know that Picts probably were Scythians? When the remnants of their
      > kingdom fell, in the 4th century C.E.(thanks to the Ostrogoths), the
      > Scythians must have absorbed some Germans(the Roxolani, a tribe of
      > Sarmatians certainly did). Realistically, the Scotish got most of their
      > red/blonde hair from the Vikings rather than from Picts.

      If the Picts were Scythians, how did they get all the way across
      the continent of Europe to Scotland without leaving any trace on
      the way?

      The Scythians spoke an Iranian language. The remains of Pictish
      show that it is a non-Indo-European language. Why would the Scythians
      have changed their Iranian language for a different non-related
      language?

      --
      Waclaw von Pressburg Veritas liberabit uos
      vaclav@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2001
        .
        > > Did you know that Picts probably were Scythians?
        > When the remnants of their
        > > kingdom fell, in the 4th century C.E.(thanks to
        > the Ostrogoths), the
        > > Scythians must have absorbed some Germans(the
        > Roxolani, a tribe of
        > > Sarmatians certainly did). Realistically, the
        > Scotish got most of their
        > > red/blonde hair from the Vikings rather than from
        > Picts.

        I think I'll barge in here. :-) There's alot of
        controversy surrounding the origin of the Picts. I've
        never heard of them being related to the Scythians. I
        know a little bit about Scottish ancestry because
        that's my mundane ancestry and I've traced my
        ancestors back to the Middle Ages. Let's see, we got
        Vikings, Norman French, Germanic peoples from England
        running away from William the Conquerer, not to
        mention a holdover of Brythonic Celts left over from
        an ancient kingdom called Strathclyde where Dumfries
        and Galloway and northwest England are now. It's
        *impossible* to know for sure just where the red hair
        came from, but for the record, I'm a brunette. :-)

        Isabelle de Foix
        Shire Brantestone
        Kingdom of Meridies

        http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1