Khazar/Scythian follow up

  • E D
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2001
      Thanks to all who contributed to my post. I'm assuming that the Iranian
      Khazars were mostly Alans who in turn are a tribe of Sarmatians.

      The only thing that frustrated me was what one said about the
      mediterranean-Scandinavian mix. And the Thing about Picts having red-hair.
      Did you know that Picts probably were Scythians? When the remnants of their
      kingdom fell, in the 4th century C.E.(thanks to the Ostrogoths), the
      Scythians must have absorbed some Germans(the Roxolani, a tribe of
      Sarmatians certainly did). Realistically, the Scotish got most of their
      red/blonde hair from the Vikings rather than from Picts.

      So from all this, it would be safe to conclude that Khazars got red hair
      from Iranians(probably Alans/Antes) who, in turn mixed with Germans, and
      that there are Red people with red hair; i.e. - Geronimo.

      Another interesting note is that in my mag "Forum-A Ukrainian Review",
      No,103-104 Spring/Summer 2001, the whole magazine relates to Scythia. It is
      the 1st book on Scythia in English that concentrates especially on Ukrainian
      history. The last page refers to The Declaration of Arbroath, 1320 when
      Robert the Bruce and allied chieftans signed the document saying: the
      Scottish are from "Greater Scythia." It also points out that there is a
      similarity between Scot and Scyt; Scotia-Scythia.

      Aside from the Mysteries of the Scythians, the issue also includes:

      *Amazons
      *World's First Horseman 4350 BC

      I will periodically be posting articles from "Forum-A Ukrainian Review."

    • Vaclav von Pressburg
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2001
        On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 05:13:34PM -0400, E D wrote:
        > The only thing that frustrated me was what one said about the
        > mediterranean-Scandinavian mix. And the Thing about Picts having red-hair.
        > Did you know that Picts probably were Scythians? When the remnants of their
        > kingdom fell, in the 4th century C.E.(thanks to the Ostrogoths), the
        > Scythians must have absorbed some Germans(the Roxolani, a tribe of
        > Sarmatians certainly did). Realistically, the Scotish got most of their
        > red/blonde hair from the Vikings rather than from Picts.

        If the Picts were Scythians, how did they get all the way across
        the continent of Europe to Scotland without leaving any trace on
        the way?

        The Scythians spoke an Iranian language. The remains of Pictish
        show that it is a non-Indo-European language. Why would the Scythians
        have changed their Iranian language for a different non-related
        language?

        --
        Waclaw von Pressburg Veritas liberabit uos
        vaclav@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 6, 2001
          .
          > > Did you know that Picts probably were Scythians?
          > When the remnants of their
          > > kingdom fell, in the 4th century C.E.(thanks to
          > the Ostrogoths), the
          > > Scythians must have absorbed some Germans(the
          > Roxolani, a tribe of
          > > Sarmatians certainly did). Realistically, the
          > Scotish got most of their
          > > red/blonde hair from the Vikings rather than from
          > Picts.

          I think I'll barge in here. :-) There's alot of
          controversy surrounding the origin of the Picts. I've
          never heard of them being related to the Scythians. I
          know a little bit about Scottish ancestry because
          that's my mundane ancestry and I've traced my
          ancestors back to the Middle Ages. Let's see, we got
          Vikings, Norman French, Germanic peoples from England
          running away from William the Conquerer, not to
          mention a holdover of Brythonic Celts left over from
          an ancient kingdom called Strathclyde where Dumfries
          and Galloway and northwest England are now. It's
          *impossible* to know for sure just where the red hair
          came from, but for the record, I'm a brunette. :-)

          Isabelle de Foix
          Shire Brantestone
          Kingdom of Meridies

          http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1