Early Bohemian MSS online

  • Alastair Millar
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2001
      Patience Waclaw ;-)

      The texts are:

      Legenda Christiani (The Legend of Christian) - Ludvíkovský's 1978 edition

      Passio s. Vencezlai incipiens verbis Crescente fide christiana. Recensio
      bavarica. (Passion of St Wenclesas, the legend 'Crescente fide') - Emler's
      1873 edition

      Passio s. Vencezlai incipiens verbis Crescente fide christiana. Recensio
      bohemica.
      (ditto, Ludvíkovský's 1958 edition of a diff. MS)

      Gumpoldi Mantuani episcopi Passio Vencezlai martyris. (Gumpold's Life of St
      Wenceslas, Emler's 1873 edition)

      Adalberti episcopi Pragensis Adhortatio ad clericos de matrimoniis eorum
      (One of Adalbert's letters to his priests, I think...)

      All of these available (with full-text search!!!!!!) at:
      http://www.sendme.cz/trestik/cechy10stol.htm
      This is the website of eminent Czech historian of the Middle Ages Dusan
      Trestik - the site's in Czech & German (and the MSS are of course in
      Latin). If I can convince him to pay me, we might get the site in English
      eventually.... ;-)

      Have fun with these

      A.

      Alastair Millar, BSc(Hons)