Slavic Clothing, Heraldry, was Surnames

  • Robert Hiltibidal
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 16, 2001
      Afternoon,

      Does anyone have any information Kiev Rus heraldry?
      What about clothing from circra 13th century? What
      styles ornamentry etc? Pictures would be quite
      helpful.

      Thanks,
      -Rob

    • Shubelka, Mark
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 17, 2001
        unfortunately I don't have the documentation but I heard of shoes made of
        birch bark being used in Europe.

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 17, 2001
          There is no Russian heraldry, at least none recognizable as such for SCA
          purposes. What heraldry existed (in the form of marks rather than shields,
          pennons, etc) referred to specific kniaz'ia (princes), and therefore is
          unusable in the SCA.