Re: [sig] roll call

  • Kate Jones
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 12, 2001
      Jenn/Yana sez:

      > Since I am the moderator, I guess it is only fitting that I keep an eye on
      > how everyone is doing out there, especially our members who live or work in
      > New York, Washington DC, and Pittsburg, and those members who have friends
      > and/or family associated with those places. My thoughts go out to those
      > personally affected by the USA's continuing tragedy.
      >
      > So, to those who are in the disaster zones, how about a hands-up so that we
      > know you are still there?

      As far as I have heard, everyone in Ostgard and Atlantia who was
      anywhere near the disasters has checked in and is fine.

      Apparently, at least in Ostgard, quite a few SCAdians work in or near
      the WTC but most of them, for one reason or another, happened to not
      be at work that morning. Some of them suddenly got sick, one person
      had a DMV appointment, and several of them were late for work due to
      various unexpected transportation problems. The very few who did make
      it to work got out with no problems.

      Sort of makes you think.

      I haven't heard anything from the SCA out in the Pittsburgh area but I
      know nobody on the ground was hurt. I did hear, however, that a few
      SCAdians live within ten miles of the crash site. Apparently someone
      in the SCA did know the pilot of that flight.

      I haven't heard if there was anyone from the SCA in any of
      the planes, but that may take a few more days to hear about.

      Kat'ryna
      --
      Kate Jones | I turned my world upside-down
      kate@... | and that's how everything landed...
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 12, 2001
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 13, 2001
          Ijust got a note on the Grand Council List from the
          Baron of Ostgardr that all SCA folk in NYC had been
          accounted for. Some still have family members out
          working as paramedics, and he (The Baron) has lost a
          close friend.

          B. Janos

          --- Kate Jones <kate@...> wrote:
          > Jenn/Yana sez:
          > >
          > > Since I am the moderator, I guess it is only
          > fitting that I keep an eye on
          > > how everyone is doing out there, especially our
          > members who live or work in
          > > New York, Washington DC, and Pittsburg, and those
          > members who have friends
          > > and/or family associated with those places. My
          > thoughts go out to those
          > > personally affected by the USA's continuing
          > tragedy.
          > >
          > > So, to those who are in the disaster zones, how
          > about a hands-up so that we
          > > know you are still there?
          >
          > As far as I have heard, everyone in Ostgard and
          > Atlantia who was
          > anywhere near the disasters has checked in and is
          > fine.
          >
          > Apparently, at least in Ostgard, quite a few
          > SCAdians work in or near
          > the WTC but most of them, for one reason or another,
          > happened to not
          > be at work that morning. Some of them suddenly got
          > sick, one person
          > had a DMV appointment, and several of them were late
          > for work due to
          > various unexpected transportation problems. The very
          > few who did make
          > it to work got out with no problems.
          >
          > Sort of makes you think.
          >
          > I haven't heard anything from the SCA out in the
          > Pittsburgh area but I
          > know nobody on the ground was hurt. I did hear,
          > however, that a few
          > SCAdians live within ten miles of the crash site.
          > Apparently someone
          > in the SCA did know the pilot of that flight.
          >
          > I haven't heard if there was anyone from the SCA in
          > any of
          > the planes, but that may take a few more days to
          > hear about.
          >
          > Kat'ryna
          > --
          > Kate Jones | I turned my
          > world upside-down
          > kate@... | and that's how
          > everything landed...

          =====
          JEFFREY C. SMITH
          HQ USAREUR/7A
          CMR 420, BOX 2839
          APO AE 09063-2839

          "The wind calls your name as I pass it." - Mr Bean

        • Marilee Humason
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 13, 2001
            --- Kate Jones <kate@...> wrote:
            > Jenn/Yana sez:
            > >

            > Sort of makes you think.

            As one of the West Coast SCA, I just wanted to say how
            deeply sorry I am for all that has happened. We here
            can only watch in horror at what you East Coast people
            are going through.
            The SCA makes a common bond between all of us, and I
            was worried for all of you.
            Take care and chin up. If anyone needs anything please
            don't hesitate to ask.
            In heartfelt support and service.
            Baroness Anastasia Alexandrovna Andreeva (OL) An Tir

          • Jessica Wilbur
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 13, 2001
              I am OK here not too far from DC. As far as I know no SCAdians
              from this area are hurt or missing. Everyone in my barony has been
              accounted for. I work about two miles away from Dulles airport and
              am figuring that the hijacked plane probably took off about the time
              I was getting to work...

              --Muireann