roll call

  • Jenn/Yana
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 12, 2001
      Since I am the moderator, I guess it is only fitting that I keep an eye on
      how everyone is doing out there, especially our members who live or work in
      New York, Washington DC, and Pittsburg, and those members who have friends
      and/or family associated with those places. My thoughts go out to those
      personally affected by the USA's continuing tragedy.

      So, to those who are in the disaster zones, how about a hands-up so that we
      know you are still there?

      --Yana, list moderator
    • Kate Jones
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 12, 2001
        Jenn/Yana sez:

        > Since I am the moderator, I guess it is only fitting that I keep an eye on
        > how everyone is doing out there, especially our members who live or work in
        > New York, Washington DC, and Pittsburg, and those members who have friends
        > and/or family associated with those places. My thoughts go out to those
        > personally affected by the USA's continuing tragedy.
        >
        > So, to those who are in the disaster zones, how about a hands-up so that we
        > know you are still there?

        As far as I have heard, everyone in Ostgard and Atlantia who was
        anywhere near the disasters has checked in and is fine.

        Apparently, at least in Ostgard, quite a few SCAdians work in or near
        the WTC but most of them, for one reason or another, happened to not
        be at work that morning. Some of them suddenly got sick, one person
        had a DMV appointment, and several of them were late for work due to
        various unexpected transportation problems. The very few who did make
        it to work got out with no problems.

        Sort of makes you think.

        I haven't heard anything from the SCA out in the Pittsburgh area but I
        know nobody on the ground was hurt. I did hear, however, that a few
        SCAdians live within ten miles of the crash site. Apparently someone
        in the SCA did know the pilot of that flight.

        I haven't heard if there was anyone from the SCA in any of
        the planes, but that may take a few more days to hear about.

        Kat'ryna
        --
        Kate Jones | I turned my world upside-down
        kate@... | and that's how everything landed...
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 12, 2001
          From: "Kate Jones" <kate@...>
          {snip}

          > I haven't heard if there was anyone from the SCA in any of
          > the planes, but that may take a few more days to hear about.
          >
          > Kat'ryna

          I didn't recognize any of the names, but someone else might.
          http://www.msnbc.com/news/628019_asp.htm

          Tasha
        • Jeff Smith
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 13, 2001
            Ijust got a note on the Grand Council List from the
            Baron of Ostgardr that all SCA folk in NYC had been
            accounted for. Some still have family members out
            working as paramedics, and he (The Baron) has lost a
            close friend.

            B. Janos

            --- Kate Jones <kate@...> wrote:
            > Jenn/Yana sez:
            > >
            > > Since I am the moderator, I guess it is only
            > fitting that I keep an eye on
            > > how everyone is doing out there, especially our
            > members who live or work in
            > > New York, Washington DC, and Pittsburg, and those
            > members who have friends
            > > and/or family associated with those places. My
            > thoughts go out to those
            > > personally affected by the USA's continuing
            > tragedy.
            > >
            > > So, to those who are in the disaster zones, how
            > about a hands-up so that we
            > > know you are still there?
            >
            > As far as I have heard, everyone in Ostgard and
            > Atlantia who was
            > anywhere near the disasters has checked in and is
            > fine.
            >
            > Apparently, at least in Ostgard, quite a few
            > SCAdians work in or near
            > the WTC but most of them, for one reason or another,
            > happened to not
            > be at work that morning. Some of them suddenly got
            > sick, one person
            > had a DMV appointment, and several of them were late
            > for work due to
            > various unexpected transportation problems. The very
            > few who did make
            > it to work got out with no problems.
            >
            > Sort of makes you think.
            >
            > I haven't heard anything from the SCA out in the
            > Pittsburgh area but I
            > know nobody on the ground was hurt. I did hear,
            > however, that a few
            > SCAdians live within ten miles of the crash site.
            > Apparently someone
            > in the SCA did know the pilot of that flight.
            >
            > I haven't heard if there was anyone from the SCA in
            > any of
            > the planes, but that may take a few more days to
            > hear about.
            >
            > Kat'ryna
            > --
            > Kate Jones | I turned my
            > world upside-down
            > kate@... | and that's how
            > everything landed...

            =====
            JEFFREY C. SMITH
            HQ USAREUR/7A
            CMR 420, BOX 2839
            APO AE 09063-2839

            "The wind calls your name as I pass it." - Mr Bean

          • Marilee Humason
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 13, 2001
              --- Kate Jones <kate@...> wrote:
              > Jenn/Yana sez:
              > >

              > Sort of makes you think.

              As one of the West Coast SCA, I just wanted to say how
              deeply sorry I am for all that has happened. We here
              can only watch in horror at what you East Coast people
              are going through.
              The SCA makes a common bond between all of us, and I
              was worried for all of you.
              Take care and chin up. If anyone needs anything please
              don't hesitate to ask.
              In heartfelt support and service.
              Baroness Anastasia Alexandrovna Andreeva (OL) An Tir

            • Jessica Wilbur
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 13, 2001
                I am OK here not too far from DC. As far as I know no SCAdians
                from this area are hurt or missing. Everyone in my barony has been
                accounted for. I work about two miles away from Dulles airport and
                am figuring that the hijacked plane probably took off about the time
                I was getting to work...

                --Muireann