Re: [sig] Re: fabric predicament... long

  • Jenn Ridley
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 11 5:43 AM
      On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:16:15 -0400 (EDT), Jenne Heise
      <jenne@...> wrote:

      >> Try for a flat rose (tudor rose, for example....)
      >
      >Not all period roses were flat-petaled, by the way: there were double
      >gallicas, and gallicas themselves aren't merely the heraldic roses.

      True, but did any of them ever show up on brocades? I was under the
      impression (perhaps mistaken) that rose brocades in period were flat
      roses.....

      stasia
      --
      Anastasia Ivgenova
      jridley@...
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 14 1:20 PM
        Re offer below, yes please. Can anyone recommend an article or book
        that is sort of a 'survey of fabric types available in the 15-17th C
        for dummys' ?

        Also, what is the meaning of your reference to 'Polish fabric
        merchant'
        -Rick