Re: [sig] Re: fabric predicament... long

  • Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 10, 2001
      > Try for a flat rose (tudor rose, for example....)

      Not all period roses were flat-petaled, by the way: there were double
      gallicas, and gallicas themselves aren't merely the heraldic roses.

    • Jenn Ridley
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 11, 2001
        On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:16:15 -0400 (EDT), Jenne Heise
        <jenne@...> wrote:

        >> Try for a flat rose (tudor rose, for example....)
        >
        >Not all period roses were flat-petaled, by the way: there were double
        >gallicas, and gallicas themselves aren't merely the heraldic roses.

        True, but did any of them ever show up on brocades? I was under the
        impression (perhaps mistaken) that rose brocades in period were flat
        roses.....

        stasia
        --
        Anastasia Ivgenova
        jridley@...
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 14, 2001
          Re offer below, yes please. Can anyone recommend an article or book
          that is sort of a 'survey of fabric types available in the 15-17th C
          for dummys' ?

          Also, what is the meaning of your reference to 'Polish fabric
          merchant'
          -Rick