not again....

  • Patricia Hefner
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2001
      I've run into another fabric hassle...what's going on?
      I must be jinxed. :-) I was about to cut out the
      navershnik from the red velveteen, and it's only 36
      inches wide. What can I do with this stuff? In case
      you can't tell I'm not much of a seamstress. :-)

      Isabelle

      http://im.yahoo.com
    • Diane Sawyer
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2001
        > I've run into another fabric hassle...what's going on?
        > I must be jinxed. :-) I was about to cut out the
        > navershnik from the red velveteen, and it's only 36
        > inches wide. What can I do with this stuff? In case
        > you can't tell I'm not much of a seamstress. :-)
        >
        > Isabelle

        How much do you have? I don't understand why this is a problem, unless
        your widest measurement is greater than 72". :-) Remember, there is
        nothing that says you can't turn your pattern pieces for the body to run
        the *length* of the fabric, except not having enough fabric to do that.

        (If I'm being too obtuse, let me know.)

        Tasha
      • Patricia Hefner
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2001
          > How much do you have? I don't understand why this
          > is a problem, unless
          > your widest measurement is greater than 72". :-)
          > Remember, there is
          > nothing that says you can't turn your pattern pieces
          > for the body to run
          > the *length* of the fabric, except not having enough
          > fabric to do that.
          >
          > (If I'm being too obtuse, let me know.)
          >
          > Tasha

          Oops! I goofed! I made a great big mistake when I did
          the first measurement. It's actually 42 inches, and I
          just sewed the thing. The cut was a hassle because of
          the bulk of the material and I need to sharpen my
          scissors. Now all I have to do is fool with the tape
          for the neckline and then I get to raid the trim bag.
          :-)

          Isabelle

          http://im.yahoo.com