Re: [sig] Digest Number 691 period roses

  • Linda Learn
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2001
      >> Brocade is period.... depending on the design in the fabric. Modern roses
      >> are "out".
      >
      >Question: why, specifically? Centifolia roses are period as roses; are
      >they simply to hard a pattern to brocade? I guess if we have no period
      >examples that's good enough to show they weren't depicted in brocade
      >though.

      Most rose brocades today use the really full, multiple-layers of
      petals roses. Those roses are not period. Yes, centifolia roses are
      period, and if you can find a brocade with them on it, I don't see any
      reason why you couldn't use it. Just don't use the drapery brocades
      with asymmetrical bouquets of cabbage roses....

      stasia
      --
      Anastasia Ivgenova
      jridley@...