Re: [sig] embroidered sleeves

  • Kate Jones
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2001
      Tamie Everton Fogle sez:

      > Another email acquaintance of mine suggested yesterday that I try
      > searching out the bibliography from Mary Gostelow's _Embroidery of
      > All Russia_, as well as looking at a copy of _Medieval Pictorial
      > Embroidery: Byzantium, Balkans, Russia_ from "XVIIIth International
      > Congress of Byzantinists," published by the USSR Ministry of
      > Culture. While the majority of information in these is apparently
      > post-period or eccesliastical, I'm hoping that the bibliographies
      > and historical date in these books can eventually lead me to some
      > period information.

      I have both of these books; if you like, I could type in the
      bibliographies for you. The Pictoral Embroidery book is mostly
      ecclesiastical but truly a delight for the eyes. :) I got it online a
      year or two ago; it may still be available.

      Kat'ryna
      --
      Kate Jones | I turned my world upside-down
      kate@... | and that's how everything landed...