Russian Titles

  • Jenn/Yana
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 14 2:09 PM
      The online Russian Title list has been updated. It can be found at:
      http://www.sca.org/heraldry/titles.html

      --Yana
    • Danks Cole
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 6, 2002
        Greetings all...

        I have recently received my AOA and was wondering what the Russian title
        for a Lord is.

        Vlakh
        corgano@...
      • Yana
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 6, 2002
          The official chart for SCA titles can be found at:
          <http://medievalrussia.freeservers.com>. Just look under the subject
          heading "SCA titles" (or something close to that...). "Lord" is
          "posadnik," by the way.

          --Yana

          >Greetings all...
          >
          >I have recently received my AOA and was wondering what the Russian title
          >for a Lord is.
          >
          >Vlakh
          >corgano@...
        • Danks Cole
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 7, 2002
            According to the site you gave me it's Pomestnik.
            Would it go in fron tof the name? After? Someplace else? just so i have
            it right..8)

            Thanks for the congrats Vasha...8)

            Vlakh
            corgano@...

          • yana@merr.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 7, 2002
              Pomestnik is correct, and I would have told you that if I had actually
              looked it up and not worked from memory (doh!). Goes in front of the name,
              but my reputation is shattered now, so let's check in with the rest of the
              group. Anyone else think of reasons it might go after the name or anywhere
              else?

              --Yana ;-)

              --------------------------------

              http://mail2web.com/ .
            • MHoll@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 7, 2002
                In a message dated 10/7/2002 3:51:07 PM Central Daylight Time, yana@...
                writes:

                > Anyone else think of reasons it might go after the name or anywhere
                > else?

                I could muddy the waters and find reasons... But to keep things simple, keep
                the title first (any other order would put emphasis here or there and imply
                things).

                Besides, I'm feeling lazy and I don't want to work.

                Predslava.

              • Alexey Kiyaikin
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 7, 2002
                  Greetings!
                  > According to the site you gave me it's Pomestnik.
                  Sorry for interrupting - is it a R u s s i a n word?

                  > Would it go in fron tof the name? After? Someplace else? just so i have
                  > it right..8)

                  bye,
                  Alex