Re: [sig] Foreign visitors to Russia -- name help?

  • Elizabeth Lear
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2001
      <Fletcher (need full name, England), during the reign of Ivan the Terrible

      Giles Fletcher, 1591
      Of the Russe Commonwealth

      cover of the facsimile of his book:
      http://indra.com/~eliz/Pictures/SCA/Rus-cover.gif

      <Adam Olearius (Golshtinia?), 1630s -1640s

      Adam Oelschlager, better known as Olearius, 1633-36

      Travels of Olearius in 17th Century Russia, The
      Baron, Samuel H. (trans & ed)
      Stanford Univeristy Press, Stanford, CA 1967
      LCCCN 67-26525
      Firsthand account of a German's travels through Muscovy and Tartary
      in 1633-36. First published in 1647.

      -Yeliz
    • stasi.wa
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2001
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 5, 2001
          The correct spelling is: Jacques Margeret

          Soraya
        • LiudmilaV@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 5, 2001
            Kind ladies, thank you for your invaluable assistance. The two pieces of
            documentation that required those names are now finished and almost ready to
            go!

            Liudmila,
            now fretting mostly over my cooking entrees