Re: Russian armour

  • Anthony J. Bryant
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2001
      Tim wrote:

      > he last mask is a cuman/Pavlsky face plate, probably
      > from 13th-14th century Kiev. Look at the Ospery Men at
      > Arms, #333 for comfirmation.

      Actually, when I said last, it's because my browser was slow at opening that page, so I
      stopped it. The first set were ancient Med, then there was another, and the last
      (third?) was Japanese. I didn't notice until after I sent the message that there were
      more. C'mon, I know the difference between Japanese and non-Japanese. <G>

      Effingham
    • Dmitriy V Ryaboy
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 20, 2001
        Hi all,
        while I was at Pennsic Sasa (Alexander Lemeshko) translated the teaser about
        the face-masks: http://www.geocities.com/sasa1.geo/masks/iron_face_eng2.htm

        -D
        (still a bit overwhelmed from pennsic -- details and replies later -- if I
        promised anyone anything, remind me just in case)