Re: [sig] Re: Russian armour

  • Dmitriy V Ryaboy
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 27, 2001
      As I said, the text is an overview of ALL such helms -- starting with the
      Romans (Hi Landolf), through the Nomads, and onto Japan (Hi Kythe) and
      Europe (Hi Max).
      So I guess not terribly excited about the magazine, then?

      -D

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 31, 2001
        he last mask is a cuman/Pavlsky face plate, probably
        from 13th-14th century Kiev. Look at the Ospery Men at
        Arms, #333 for comfirmation.

        http://www.tgorod.go.ru/parabellum/win1251/archive.htm)

        http://www.geocities.com/sasa1.geo/masks/iron_face1.htm
        > . This
        > is sort of
        > > > an overview of helmets with facemasks. Question
        > is -- if it gets
        > translated
        > > > and printed in both languages, do you guys think
        > we'll be able to
        > sell off a
        > > > hundred or so English copies or would it be a
        > waste of money/time?
        > >
        > > What's the encoding on that thing?
        > >
        > > I get gibberish with every Cyrillic setting I
        > have!
        > >
        > > For the record, the top left masks are
        > Roman/Etruscan, I don't know
        > about the
        > > top right, but the ones on the bottom *are*
        > Japanese. The titles of
        > the
        > > graphics even say so. <G>
        > >

        > > Effingham

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
      • Anthony J. Bryant
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2001
          Tim wrote:

          > he last mask is a cuman/Pavlsky face plate, probably
          > from 13th-14th century Kiev. Look at the Ospery Men at
          > Arms, #333 for comfirmation.

          Actually, when I said last, it's because my browser was slow at opening that page, so I
          stopped it. The first set were ancient Med, then there was another, and the last
          (third?) was Japanese. I didn't notice until after I sent the message that there were
          more. C'mon, I know the difference between Japanese and non-Japanese. <G>

          Effingham
        • Dmitriy V Ryaboy
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 20, 2001
            Hi all,
            while I was at Pennsic Sasa (Alexander Lemeshko) translated the teaser about
            the face-masks: http://www.geocities.com/sasa1.geo/masks/iron_face_eng2.htm

            -D
            (still a bit overwhelmed from pennsic -- details and replies later -- if I
            promised anyone anything, remind me just in case)