[Fwd: Polish costuming source ideas] (fwd)

  • Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 22, 2001
      I did consturct a list of books and links to check for Polish Costuming
      stuff. Kythe, I don't know whether this ever made it onto the website-- I
      probably forgot to send it to you.

      > > Here 'tis:
      > > - Entries from Encyclopedia of Costume, by Doreen Yarwood
      > > which someone put on the web: http://indra.com/~eliz/SCA/encyclo.html
      > > - Entries from Braun & Schneider's History of Costume:
      > > http://www.siue.edu/COSTUMES/COSTUME8_INDEX.HTML#Plate45
      > > - History of Dress in Central and Eastern Europe from the Sixteenth to
      > > the Eighteenth Century. Irena Turnau. Trans. by Izofabela Szymanska.
      > > (Warsaw: Inst. for the History of Material Cultures, Polish Academy of
      > > Sciences, 1991) ISBN: 8385463038; LCCN: 93-151689
      > > - UbiĆ³r narodowy w dawnej Rzeczypospolitej, Irena Turnau. (Warszawa :
      > > Semper, 1991) ISBN: 8390021358
      > > - Ubior dworski w Polsce w dobie pierwszych Jagiellonow. Krystyna
      > > Turska. (Wroclaw: Polskiej Akademii Nauk, 1987) ISBN: 8304026236 :;
      > > LCCN: 88-142687 (in polish, but very useful illustrations)
      > > - Polish and Bohemian Garb. By Baroness Kathryn Goodwyn. (a collection
      > > of images from various sources, no longer in print)
      > > - Polish Taylor's handbook :
      > > http://www.vertetsable.com/polisharticle.htm
      > > A Polish Tailor's Cutting Guide; Germany, Breslau 1567 AC 1992.243.1
      > > Manuscript housed in the LA County Museum of Art. Personal Sketches
      > > - Gothic Women's Fashion, Olga Sronkova (Prague: Artia, 1954 ) -- mostly
      > > german but with some useful stuff

    • Shubelka, Mark
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 23, 2001
        Ah thank you Panni Jadwiga, Your timing is good because I'm about to do a
        major overhaul of the Polish Page. several gentles have been good enough to
        send me links I previously was unaware of. I've been kind of busy lately
        since my new job (As a Dad of a 4 week old).

        Rest assured changes and updates will be made soon. Dzien Dobry

        **To anyone else, please feel free to send resources you find my way. I lurk
        on this list quite a bit (more so than I really like but time is a very
        precious thing these days) :)

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 23, 2001
          --- "Shubelka, Mark" <Mark.Shubelka@...>

          http://phonecard.yahoo.com/