Re: [[sig] icons at Higgins

  • T'Christopher Gardner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2001
      So, have you seen the exhibit? Was it worth the visit? Some of the icons I
      have seen are *very* gaudy--others, quite beautiful. I for one would love to
      know about a catalog

      Sergay

      Message: 2
      Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 04:55:44 -0400
      From: "Diane Sawyer" <tasha@...>
      Subject: Shields of Faith: Russian Icons from the 16th to the 20th Centuries

      It's mostly post-period, but I found this exhibit when I looked at the
      Higgins Armory website. The Higgins is located in Worcester, Massachusetts.
      I live about 4 miles away from the museum. If people want, I can contact
      the museum and see if they have catalogs to go along with the exhibit.

      http://www.higgins.org/Calendar/icon.shtml

      Tasha