Rumanian collection

  • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2001
      At 08:21 AM 7/16/2001 +0000, you wrote:
      >Just found this on my Historic Costuming group.
      >
      >Though you would enjoy the pictures.
      >Katheryne
      >

      > >http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1166868041

      I very much enjoyed the view - too bad it's all post period -, but would
      like to get my hands on the book mentioned, The Greek Ethos: Folk Art of
      the Hellenic World , as the author (cited as the person who wrote the
      glowing report on the collection presented) seems to feel comfortable with
      an assertion that the Rumanian costume is virtually unchanged since Roman
      times. I would really *love* to see his evidence and sources. Finding
      period Rumanian clothing or descriptions of period Rumanian clothing that
      wasn't tampered with by any of the many peoples who ran over the country or
      just outright changed by the communists would be a God send.

      Cu Drag,
      Despina de la Brasov