Re: body armour response

  • jalid
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2001
      Tim,
      I am an Ottoman Turk and am interested in seeing how
      the bakherets came out. please take and send a few pics,
      i would appreciate it greatly. i have thought of the idea of
      plate & mail armour for a while but have never seen it
      done. and of course, after taking a few hits in it, tell
      me, how does it do against the kind of impact hits we play
      with here at the SCA, as compared to say regular lamellar, or
      something banded like roman lorica segmentata. what guage
      of plates did you use. my thought has been to get a full
      length (just above knees, mid arm sleeves) coat of mail and
      use extra links to attatch the plates, overlapping a bit and
      if i didn't like the plate arrangement i would have the
      option of re-arranging, scrapping, resizing, etc. let me
      know what your thoughts are.
      thanks
      Jalid
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 14, 2001
        Greetings Honorable Turk Jalid,
        A friend actually has a digital camera so I will!
        I'll also be at Pennsic, wearing the bakherets and
        carrying a combat crossbow.
        'dak

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/