RE: [sig] Kievan headdresses.....

  • Kies, Lisa
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2001
      Stasia,
      Unless it states otherwise specifically, the information on my page
      should apply to early period Rus, including Kiev, the "capital" of Rus at
      that time. Wearing a veil over a povoinik would be completely appropriate
      for finishing off your image. You can get more fancy if you'd like with the
      kokoshniks or kikas, but it isn't necessary.
      My webpage only illustrates one of the ways the scarf, or ubrus, could be
      worn. Others on this list can probably give good descriptions. Check out
      my "Miscellaneous SIG Headdress Notes" for some prior discussion on the
      topic.

      Good luck!
      Sofya la Rus

      http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia