Re: [sig] Card Game: "Svoi Kozyri" and "Voz"

  • MHoll@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2001
      It is very similar to the game we call "Durak" (or, "The Idiot", "The Stupid
      One"). We played it either with a 36-card or a 52-card deck, with slightly
      different rules for each deck. The pile would be cleared after each play,
      either by being discarded or by having the player pick it up if he couldn't
      "beat" it. A variant called "Podkidnoi Durak" ("Throw-in Idiot") has the
      additional variation that all players can add their cards to the attacker's,
      but only to match the number of cards the defender holds. The loser is "the
      idiot," or in proper terms, he "is left the idiot." As I played often with my
      parents, I couldn't say that, of course, so we had to shorten the expression
      "he/she is left [behind]".

      It's a fun game, it does involve a little bit of strategy, but mostly it's
      fast-paced and straightforward. If we played with a 52-card deck, we could
      have more than 4 players.

      Of course, these are not period games.

      Predslava.