Possible to share pictures?

  • Aaronica Mullens
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2001
      Greetings to you all!
      This is the first time I have attempted to actually write to the list, I'm
      rather shy (as silly as that is over the internet!) and have procrastinated.
      But, that time is up, and so I was wondering if it is possible for those of
      you who are able, to share pictures of your outfits? I learn more by
      seeing, and I am having a very hard time finding books with pictures of
      dress, and I am not doing so well trying to visualize what they are
      describing. This is a whole new thing for me, and after my husband coaxed me
      into joining, I decided on the area. Also, I am having some trouble coming
      up with information on the specific areas, and eras. (ie. styles, etc) I'm
      leaning towards being from Moscow or an area near that. Since you all seem
      to be a wealth of knowledge, I know that you will be able to help me on my
      way, as I have already learned a great deal.
      Thank you for your time on my behalf, and good day.

    • Jenn/Yana
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2001
        At 03:54 PM 6/6/01 , you wrote:
        >Greetings to you all!
        >This is the first time I have attempted to actually write to the list, I'm
        >rather shy (as silly as that is over the internet!) and have procrastinated.
        >But, that time is up, and so I was wondering if it is possible for those of
        >you who are able, to share pictures of your outfits?

        Welcome to the SIG-List!

        I can think of three places for you to try:

        1) The Russian Knowledge Page http://medievalrussia.freeservers.com
        Look under the "Images and Photos" link near the bottom of the page. On
        this page there is also a link to....

        2) The SIG Photo Gallery http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2/gallery/
        Pictures and bios of various people in SIG, and I will be updating it (and
        moving it) soon, just trying to keep up with the Knowledge Pages for now.

        3) The shared files area of the SIG-List
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sig/files/
        Only one picture of clothing here, but this is the public area for anyone
        to share images. Anyone on the List should feel free to add images here.

        Have fun!

        --Yana