Re: [sig] Footwear

  • Lente
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2001
      Bohemond lives in Al-Barran in the Outlands, where I'm at, a large portion
      of the populace has his boots and love (like?) them, I don't have his but we
      got ours long before we started SCA-ing. Plain boots probably run less, in
      otherwords no yin/yang or other attached design and they probably will run
      less. If you are going to Pennsic what you can do right now is email him and
      start finding out what funds have to change hands for your boots to be
      started, working on colors, changes you would like,etc. Who knows, they
      might just be done in time for you to pick up at Pennsic.

      Kathws

      Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001

      > --- Juliana Taper <jtaper1@...> wrote:
      > > I was looking at a pair of Persian boots with slightly upturned toes
      from a merchant by the name of Bohemand and was wondering if they would be
      passable as Russian.
      Would you mind taking a peek and letting me know?
      http://www.highfiber.com/~bohemond/Bootshop/pers.html#persian
      (I'd be taking a pass on the yin & yang symbol ::wink::)

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 6, 2001
        There's alot of crossover between Russian and Persian
        styles of clothing, from the early Rus onwards. In
        fact, some of the graves from Viking period Birka
        contain interned bodies wearing Persian riding coats.
        As for those with a late period Russian persona like
        me, half my caftans are interchangeable Persian,
        Russian designs. I'll get deeper into that in An Tir
        in the Fall though.
        P.S. Tasha, a thousand thanks for posting that. I now
        know whatmy Pennsic purchase is going to be, Persian
        boots.
        'dak

        a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • Diane S. Sawyer
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2001
          --- Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:
          > There's alot of crossover between Russian and Persian
          > styles of clothing, from the early Rus onwards. In
          > fact, some of the graves from Viking period Birka
          > contain interned bodies wearing Persian riding coats.
          > As for those with a late period Russian persona like
          > me, half my caftans are interchangeable Persian,
          > Russian designs. I'll get deeper into that in An Tir
          > in the Fall though.
          > P.S. Tasha, a thousand thanks for posting that. I now
          > know whatmy Pennsic purchase is going to be, Persian
          > boots.
          > 'dak

          My pleasure! I'd considered buying a pair myself, but for slightly
          more money ($50-100 or so, I think) I can get Mongolian boots, from
          Mongolia yet, and since I wear Mongol more often than Russian these
          days, it makes more sense for me.

          *sigh* someday...

          Tasha

          a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/