Re: [sig] Slavic Paganism & Troitsa (Pentecost)

  • sergius
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2001
      Just as a thought, Troi'itsa (Trinity Sunday) was/is supposed to be the day
      Christ takes the ice from the water. (No swimming, boating, fishing between
      ice out and today) I am only giving this as an example of folk beliefs who's
      origins are lost, not as a pagan rooted idea; The only reason I put this out
      is to find out if there is any other similar belief known by those of this
      list. Without a reliable source or four (verification) I don't think any
      claim to know what the beliefs were pre-Christianity, but pagan is as pagan
      does, so have at it, just DO NOT claim ant authenticity. The research is
      serious, the role play for fun. Sergius Bulutinkov