Re: [sig] academic websearch

  • MHoll@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
      Doing academic web searches is difficult. Most of the stuff out there is at
      high-school level. If I understand what you need, you may be able to find
      something through ORB at

      http://orb.rhodes.edu/

      Good hunting!

      Predslava

    • Jenne Heise
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
        > Does anyone know of an academic web search engine?
        > Using the Lycos, Yahoo, MSN, Excite, etc is turning up zero hits for me.
        > I'm trying to find online rescources on protocananite (that is spelled
        > correctly)paleoepiography?

        There's allacademic.com, and searchedu.com but neither turned up hits
        using either spelling. Nor did Worldcat, Dissertation Abstracts or any of
        the other academic article databases I tried. Which just proves that the
        expression proto canaanite is one that is used only very rarely.