Re: [sig] academic websearch

  • Diane S. Sawyer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
      --- Joeseph Melech <farmergrover@...> wrote:
      > Does anyone know of an academic web search engine?
      >
      > Using the Lycos, Yahoo, MSN, Excite, etc is turning up zero hits
      > for me.
      > I'm trying to find online rescources on protocananite (that is
      > spelled
      > correctly)paleoepiography?
      >
      > Josef

      Try this link:
      http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=proto+canaanite+paleogeography&spell=1

      Google.com is your friend.

      Tasha

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • MHoll@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
        Doing academic web searches is difficult. Most of the stuff out there is at
        high-school level. If I understand what you need, you may be able to find
        something through ORB at

        http://orb.rhodes.edu/

        Good hunting!

        Predslava

      • Jenne Heise
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
          > Does anyone know of an academic web search engine?
          > Using the Lycos, Yahoo, MSN, Excite, etc is turning up zero hits for me.
          > I'm trying to find online rescources on protocananite (that is spelled
          > correctly)paleoepiography?

          There's allacademic.com, and searchedu.com but neither turned up hits
          using either spelling. Nor did Worldcat, Dissertation Abstracts or any of
          the other academic article databases I tried. Which just proves that the
          expression proto canaanite is one that is used only very rarely.