Re: [sig] academic websearch

  • Anne M. McKinney
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
      > Using the Lycos, Yahoo, MSN, Excite, etc is turning up zero hits for me.
      > I'm trying to find online rescources on protocananite (that is spelled
      > correctly)paleoepiography?
      >
      > Josef

      Have you tried google? I've had good luck with them in the past. If that
      still doesn't work, you may need to try a more generalized search. It may
      be that there simply aren't many sites out there dealing with that subject.

      --Sofya Chyudka
    • Diane S. Sawyer
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
        --- Joeseph Melech <farmergrover@...> wrote:
        > Does anyone know of an academic web search engine?
        >
        > Using the Lycos, Yahoo, MSN, Excite, etc is turning up zero hits
        > for me.
        > I'm trying to find online rescources on protocananite (that is
        > spelled
        > correctly)paleoepiography?
        >
        > Josef

        Try this link:
        http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=proto+canaanite+paleogeography&spell=1

        Google.com is your friend.

        Tasha

        a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • MHoll@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
          Doing academic web searches is difficult. Most of the stuff out there is at
          high-school level. If I understand what you need, you may be able to find
          something through ORB at

          http://orb.rhodes.edu/

          Good hunting!

          Predslava

        • Jenne Heise
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
            > Does anyone know of an academic web search engine?
            > Using the Lycos, Yahoo, MSN, Excite, etc is turning up zero hits for me.
            > I'm trying to find online rescources on protocananite (that is spelled
            > correctly)paleoepiography?

            There's allacademic.com, and searchedu.com but neither turned up hits
            using either spelling. Nor did Worldcat, Dissertation Abstracts or any of
            the other academic article databases I tried. Which just proves that the
            expression proto canaanite is one that is used only very rarely.