academic websearch

  • Joeseph Melech
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
      Does anyone know of an academic web search engine?

      Using the Lycos, Yahoo, MSN, Excite, etc is turning up zero hits for me.
      I'm trying to find online rescources on protocananite (that is spelled
      correctly)paleoepiography?

      Josef
    • Anne M. McKinney
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
        > Using the Lycos, Yahoo, MSN, Excite, etc is turning up zero hits for me.
        > I'm trying to find online rescources on protocananite (that is spelled
        > correctly)paleoepiography?
        >
        > Josef

        Have you tried google? I've had good luck with them in the past. If that
        still doesn't work, you may need to try a more generalized search. It may
        be that there simply aren't many sites out there dealing with that subject.

        --Sofya Chyudka
      • Diane S. Sawyer
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
          --- Joeseph Melech <farmergrover@...> wrote:
          > Does anyone know of an academic web search engine?
          >
          > Using the Lycos, Yahoo, MSN, Excite, etc is turning up zero hits
          > for me.
          > I'm trying to find online rescources on protocananite (that is
          > spelled
          > correctly)paleoepiography?
          >
          > Josef

          Try this link:
          http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=proto+canaanite+paleogeography&spell=1

          Google.com is your friend.

          Tasha

          a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        • MHoll@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
            Doing academic web searches is difficult. Most of the stuff out there is at
            high-school level. If I understand what you need, you may be able to find
            something through ORB at

            http://orb.rhodes.edu/

            Good hunting!

            Predslava

          • Jenne Heise
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
              > Does anyone know of an academic web search engine?
              > Using the Lycos, Yahoo, MSN, Excite, etc is turning up zero hits for me.
              > I'm trying to find online rescources on protocananite (that is spelled
              > correctly)paleoepiography?

              There's allacademic.com, and searchedu.com but neither turned up hits
              using either spelling. Nor did Worldcat, Dissertation Abstracts or any of
              the other academic article databases I tried. Which just proves that the
              expression proto canaanite is one that is used only very rarely.