Re: [sig] pearl couching - was "this is a mess....."

  • Sarayya@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22 10:15 PM
      As my excellent apprentice Liudmila has pointed out, you do stitch the string
      of pearls down between *each* pearl.

      As Liudmila discovered in her research, but has not pointed out in her
      message, if all your stitches holding down the pearl embroidery and then the
      gold outline embroidery, *go through the white cord 'railroad track/s* that
      the pearls are resting on, and *NOT* through the underlying velvet/fabric,
      then if it comes time to remove the embroidery from an old or ruined garment,
      the whole embroidery will come away in one piece and can then be attached to
      a new garment. (The only stitches that would have to be cut would be the
      stitches that hold the underlying white cording to the fabric, as seen from
      the back of the fabric.

      Soraya Evodia