quickie intro

  • Beth
    Message 1 of 2 , May 21, 2001
      I stumbled across this list in the process of looking for a *different* list,
      which I never managed to find... a nice bit of synchronicity. :-) I've
      spent the last week or so lurking and perusing the archive, and am ready to
      step forward and introduce myself.

      I'm Beth, in Nashville (Glaedenfeld, Meridies), and after spending quite a
      few years on the fringes of the SCA, with all of my friends being involved to
      one degree or another, I'm finally ready to start seriously looking at
      getting involved myself; and I'm piecing together a late 13th-century
      Lithuanian persona. (I was pleasantly surprised to find a fair amount of
      useful stuff relating to Lithuania in the archives, and of course, *lots* of
      Polish material, although I'm a bit early with regards to that alliance.)

      My kids are nominally under the umbrella of my persona rather than my
      husband's (Carolignian), so although I'm not enormously concerned about
      authenticity with their stuff, info about kids' garb and games peculiar to my
      corner of Europe is especially welcome. (I've got a stack of fabric in my
      sewing room at the moment, which I've been staring at for several days,
      thinking, "striped breeches and solid tunics, or striped tunics and solid
      breeches?" The sort of silly dilemma that brings me to a screeching halt!)

      I am being summoned to check out some technogeek thing the husband is up to.
      It's a pleasure to be here, and I'll be around and about!

      Beth