Re: [sig] this is a mess.....

  • LiudmilaV@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 21, 2001
      I find that the period way of pearl embroidery is also the most reliable way.
      This means that first you couch down a foundation of white cord (single or
      double line), then couch down your pearls over this foundation, making
      stitches after every single pearl. Then, you outline your design in gold
      cord, which hides the white. This is a rather time-consuming technique (you
      go over every line four or five times), but the results are worth the effort.
      For more information, you can look up Mistress Soraya's article in Slovo.

      Liudmila