Re: [sig] Rom Varda's and Period Caravan wagons

  • Lente
    Message 1 of 3 , May 18, 2001
      Somewhere on the web is a site, I'll try to find it later, about one couples
      venture into building a gypsy vardo that slide had the top section slide
      down for travel to and from events. Offhand I think vardos are 18th century
      but I am not certain. I'll try to remember to ask over on the gypsy list I'm
      on about books for researching a vardo.

      Sorry I couldn't be more help right now. Congrats on being done with school.
      Kathws Rusa

      Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2001

      > I recently found an interest in building a Rom/Gyspy type varda. It
      > fits well within the traits of my ecclectic persona but i'm not sure
      > its very period.
      >
      > Does anyone have anything on period Caravan wagons? if so could you
      > send a bib.
      >
      > I already have the wheels and undercarriage built (found it, the
      > undercarriage) in an old barn i'm converting to an apartment for my
      > landlord.
      >
      > I will send pics. I just need the bibliography to do the research to
      > enter it into A&S. Its nice finally having settled down into a
      > career.
      >
      > Glad school is over after 11 years.
      >
      > Josef krakow
    • stasi.wa
      Message 2 of 3 , May 18, 2001
        I know the drawings of Jacque Callot show wagons. I believe the lovely
        vardos that we see pictures of are not period. I would still love to have
        one anyway and yours will definately dress up an event!! Good luck!!
        Baroness Anastasia