Rom Varda's and Period Caravan wagons

  • farmergrover@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17 9:53 PM
      I recently found an interest in building a Rom/Gyspy type varda. It
      fits well within the traits of my ecclectic persona but i'm not sure
      its very period.

      Does anyone have anything on period Caravan wagons? if so could you
      send a bib.

      I already have the wheels and undercarriage built (found it, the
      undercarriage) in an old barn i'm converting to an apartment for my
      landlord.

      I will send pics. I just need the bibliography to do the research to
      enter it into A&S. Its nice finally having settled down into a
      career.

      Glad school is over after 11 years.

      Josef krakow
    • Lente
      Message 2 of 3 , May 18 8:32 AM
        Somewhere on the web is a site, I'll try to find it later, about one couples
        venture into building a gypsy vardo that slide had the top section slide
        down for travel to and from events. Offhand I think vardos are 18th century
        but I am not certain. I'll try to remember to ask over on the gypsy list I'm
        on about books for researching a vardo.

        Sorry I couldn't be more help right now. Congrats on being done with school.
        Kathws Rusa

        Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2001

        > I recently found an interest in building a Rom/Gyspy type varda. It
        > fits well within the traits of my ecclectic persona but i'm not sure
        > its very period.
        >
        > Does anyone have anything on period Caravan wagons? if so could you
        > send a bib.
        >
        > I already have the wheels and undercarriage built (found it, the
        > undercarriage) in an old barn i'm converting to an apartment for my
        > landlord.
        >
        > I will send pics. I just need the bibliography to do the research to
        > enter it into A&S. Its nice finally having settled down into a
        > career.
        >
        > Glad school is over after 11 years.
        >
        > Josef krakow
      • stasi.wa
        Message 3 of 3 , May 18 2:24 PM
          I know the drawings of Jacque Callot show wagons. I believe the lovely
          vardos that we see pictures of are not period. I would still love to have
          one anyway and yours will definately dress up an event!! Good luck!!
          Baroness Anastasia