Re: [sig] Embroidery

  • Britta Parsons
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2001
      Many of the Russian designs I have seen are geometric types; lozenges and
      such. They also used curvilinear designs. (Racking my brain for sources
      and not being able to come up with any book names.) I do not know if
      you've been to Sof'ya's site yet, but on the left hand side of the screen
      I remember a couple of medallions that could look well if embroidered.

      My apologies for the vagueness
      Vasilisa
      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
    • Aleksandr Ruslanovich, called Yevsha
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 12, 2003
        Hi there,

        I'm Aleksandr Ruslanovich, called Yevsha. I live in Carolingia in the
        Kingdom of the East. I, too, lurk on this list.

        My barony is currently holding an online auction and one of the items is
        some blackwork. The URL for the auction site is

        http://www.medievalmart.com

        The high bid on the "Embroidery Service" is currently only $11 -- a real
        bargain! I know the work of the lady who is offering her services and
        can vouch for her talents as a needleworker.

        Yevsha

        >Message: 6
        > Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 20:50:00 -0600
        > From: "Justin Griffing" <jmgriffing@...>
        >Subject: Re: New to list
        >
        >*perks up at the word embroidery*
        >
        >Does anyone have an suggestions on an easy way of embroidery?
        >
        >Better yet, does anyone know someone who would be willing to do some
        >embroidery work for garb? In looking at monastic garb of the period, my
        >fears have come true and there is an item that I'll need that would be
        >embroidered. My sewing skills are less than minimal, therefore I'd like to
        >see about paying someone who could do this. The item is still made and worn
        >by monastics, but the American source I've found for it is $150.
        >
        >Any suggestions?
        >
        >Chernst Ivan

      • Michelle Stewart
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 13, 2008
          Does anyone have pictures of 15th century embroidery in Novgorod region. I need to make a small piece by the end of the month and am stuck.