merchant booth

  • Wendy Chauteau
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2001
      Greetings to the list,

      I have been on the list now for a couple of months and should introduce myself, I am Lady Ambrosiia Understone (SCA) and a merchant. I make original art drinking horns, my partner makes a mongolian - early period style hat. I am not trying to sell to the list but trying to find out what a 13th century Russian nomad merchant booth would look like. I am planning on making a yurt/gur for my sleeping area (after being soaked again this last weekend in many a rain storm the thought of warmth of an interior fire is most appealing) but need to know what style if much beyond an awning would have been appropriate. Also what art/designs would have been used, would they have used tables or another form of display? I have been thinking of using antler and bamboo to display some of my wares. Also what forms of art would have been done in that time era.

      Thank you for your time

      Ambrosiia