Fw: Field school in Russia 2001

  • Alastair Millar
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2001
      Somewhat OOP but maybe interesting for people on the list anyway... arrived
      in my mailbox at the end of last week:

      [quote]

      Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 23:26:11 +0600
      From: Ludmila Koryakova <Ludmila.Koryakova@...>
      Subject: Field school in Russia 2001

      Apologies for cross-posting

      The Ural State University in cooperation with Institute of History and
      Archaeology - Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, invites
      interested
      participants for a 1-4 week course on the archaeology of the Eurasian
      Iron Age and field methods in archaeology. The summer field school will
      be based within the
      framework of a Trans-Uralian archaeological expedition comprised of a
      joint international Franco-Russian research team. Participants will join
      the excavation of the Pavlinovo fortress site, which is situated in the
      middle basin of the Iset River in the Trans-Ural region. The field
      school dates are from July 10 - August 10, 2001.
      Complete information can be found at the site:
      http://www2.usu.ru/arch_laboratory/eng/fldhom.htm

      Ludmila Koryakova

      [unquote]

      Cheers!