A historical novel

  • Shadow
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2001
      Greetings,
      One of my e-mail buddies has written a historical novel about Khazaria.
      I told him I would paste his blurb to groups that might be interested in
      the topic, just as a favor to him.. You can read sample chapters at
      xlibris.com. Address all inquiries to the email address at the bottom.

      THE RABBI KING: DAVID OF KHAZARIA by Monroe S. Kuttner (Historical
      Fiction)

      In history, the Empire of Khazaria occupied southern Russia between the
      sixth
      and tenth centuries C.E. In the middle of the eighth century, the Khazar

      Khagan (king) and nobles adopted Judaism as their religion.
      The Rabbi King is about a fictional last Khagan of a remnant of Khazaria
      in
      the twelfth century. It is the story of David, who is sent to Spain from
      his
      homeland in the Caucasus to study Judaism in the same household with a
      boy
      later called Maimonides.
      When the time comes to return home, he leaves civilization to rule an
      untamed
      country. It is sparsely populated by pagan nomads and by the descendants

      of many Jewish immigrants who fled persecution in Persia and Byzantium
      and
      intermarried with Khazar converts. In order to survive, the Jews must
      imitate the life style of the nomads while retaining both their Khazar
      and Jewish heritage.
      In an effort to reverse a betrayal of his people, David of Khazaria
      undertakes a long journey, both physically and spiritually, to save
      his kingdom. He meets many historical personages and plays a role in
      some of the events that shaped history between 1150 and 1170 C. E. in
      the Caucasus, Byzantium, Persia and Egypt.

      The Rabbi King: David of Khazaria (ISBN 0-7388-4011-4, softcover,
      505 pages, $16.00) is published by Xlibris, a Random House affiliate.
      Order by phone at 1-888-795-4274, or on the Internet at
      http://www.xlibris.com/THERABBIKING.html , www.Amazon.com, or
      www.barnesandnoble.com or at bookstores by special order.
      CONTACT: The_Rabbi_King@...