Re: [sig] Russian name help

  • Jenn/Yana
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2001
      Paul here (using Yana's account)

      At 02:30 PM 4/2/01 , you wrote:
      > Alright, I've pretty close to finishing my name, or so I hope. I
      >even got the SCA papers to register.
      >
      >How does this look,
      >
      > Kuzma Dragoslav syn Bronislav
      > {baptismal name, everyday or common first name, and then patronymic}

      You _might_ be able to claim that syn Bronislav was an unmarked
      patronymic, but why not be grammatical and go with:

      Kuzma Dragoslav Bronislavov syn

      ... that would work better...

      -- Paul (returning you to my zhena groznaia)
    • Art Plazewski
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2, 2001
        Shold be :
        Kuzma Dragoslav syn Bronislava or to be more Russian ;
        Dragoslav Bronislavovicz Kuzma.
        Art.