Russian name help

  • AKC7
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2001
      Alright, I've pretty close to finishing my name, or so I hope. I
      even got the SCA papers to register.

      How does this look,

      Kuzma Dragoslav syn Bronislav
      {baptismal name, everyday or common first name, and then patronymic}

      I hope I have not done something wrong,

      thanks for any help,
      Andrew
    • Jenn/Yana
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2, 2001
        Paul here (using Yana's account)

        At 02:30 PM 4/2/01 , you wrote:
        > Alright, I've pretty close to finishing my name, or so I hope. I
        >even got the SCA papers to register.
        >
        >How does this look,
        >
        > Kuzma Dragoslav syn Bronislav
        > {baptismal name, everyday or common first name, and then patronymic}

        You _might_ be able to claim that syn Bronislav was an unmarked
        patronymic, but why not be grammatical and go with:

        Kuzma Dragoslav Bronislavov syn

        ... that would work better...

        -- Paul (returning you to my zhena groznaia)
      • Art Plazewski
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2, 2001
          Shold be :
          Kuzma Dragoslav syn Bronislava or to be more Russian ;
          Dragoslav Bronislavovicz Kuzma.
          Art.