romanian miniatures

  • Jeff Heilveil
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 1999
      I found a book on romanian miniatures. It looks kind of nifty, though as
      usual, it is not in english. There are a couple of other books claiming
      to be Romanian illumination, I am hoping from period, but we will see when
      I hunt them down. IF anyone is interested, please let me know.

      Cu drag,
      Bogdan

      Jeffrey Heilveil M.S. Bogdan de la Brasov
      Department of Entomology MoAS, Barony of Wurm Wald
      University of Illinois Bucatar-sef, Wurm Wald
      heilveil@... Middle Kingdom
      (217) 398-9529
      ICQ: 34699710 A Bear's paw and base vert on field argent

      Once one dismisses the rest of all possible worlds, one finds that this is
      the best of all possible worlds.
      -Voltaire, _Candide_
    • Varju@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 1999
        In a message dated 9/1/1999 8:36:35 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
        heilveil@... writes:

        << I found a book on romanian miniatures. It looks kind of nifty, though as
        usual, it is not in english. There are a couple of other books claiming
        to be Romanian illumination, I am hoping from period, but we will see when
        I hunt them down. IF anyone is interested, please let me know. >>

        ME! ME!!!!! I've finally found a great source, online, for Hungarian
        illumination and I'm always looking to expand my illumination styles. . .

        Noemi
      • Jenn/Yana
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 1999
          And what do we all say, class? .....What's the URL!!??

          >From: Varju@...
          >ME! ME!!!!! I've finally found a great source, online, for Hungarian
          >illumination and I'm always looking to expand my illumination styles. . .
          >
          >Noemi

          Yana (Ilyana Barsova) jdmiller2@...
          http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2
          Slavic Interest Group http://www.uwplatt.edu/~goldschp/slavic.html
        • Patricia Hefner
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 1999
            > In a message dated 9/1/1999 8:36:35 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
            > heilveil@... writes:
            >
            > << I found a book on romanian miniatures. It looks kind of nifty, though
            as
            > usual, it is not in english. There are a couple of other books claiming
            > to be Romanian illumination, I am hoping from period, but we will see
            when
            > I hunt them down. IF anyone is interested, please let me know. >>

            Me too! It wouldn't happen to have pictures of any women, would it? I'm
            looking for costuming sources and I use pictures quite a bit--if they're
            available!! :-)

            Dekuji!
            Isabelle

            patricia.hefner@...
          • Varju@xxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 2, 1999
              In a message dated 9/1/1999 1:17:59 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
              jdmiller2@... writes:

              << And what do we all say, class? .....What's the URL!!?? >>

              OK. . .OK. . .thought I could slip that by. . .:->

              This is for the Fine Arts in Hungary site, which also includes altar
              paintings, sculpture and other arts from all periods in Hungary. It looks
              like I got this address from this list originally. This will take you to the
              search page for the site, you can either search under minatures or back track
              from it to the main page.

              http://www.kfki.hu/keptar/search.html

              Its a fun site to explore, so I actually recommend going to the main page and
              working from there.

              Noemi