Surfacing...

  • Alastair Millar
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2001
      Goodness me! I had no idea there were so many veg. lovers out there! ;-)

      I've been rather quiet for a while (*ignores the sighs of relief*), and a
      couple of people asked why, so... I have had some personal problems to sort
      out over the last couple of months, as well as such unwelcome distractions
      as having all my wisdom teeth out under total anaesthetic a couple of weeks
      ago (I'm still full of the drugs... yuck). Oh, not to mention vast amounts
      of work, too, of course. The wife and kids are fine, thanks to those asked
      :-)

      But.. hopefully I'm getting back to normal again, and with any luck I'll
      soon be getting round to the backlog of stuff I've promised people (Polish
      travelogues... Moravian jewellery.. etc...). Apologies to all for the
      delays.

      Oh, and of course my website of SIG-related stuff is now waaaaaaaaay overdue
      for an overhaul... for those who haven't seen it, it's still at
      http://www.geocities.com/alastairmillar and has a load of mainly
      early-period gumbo, including the only on-line timeline of Great Moravian
      history. Anyone who wants their name added to the list of Bohemicists, let
      me know! ;-)

      Anyone been to see the big "Europas mitte um 1000" exhibition yet? I think
      it's still in Budapest... German catalogue has been published, and the
      English one is at the printers' (you'll need a spare shelf...)

      Cheers

      A.

      ---------------------------
      Alastair Millar, BSc(Hons)
    • Barcsi Janos
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 10, 2001
        I'm glad you're back!

        Next time you hide from us, have a better reason! (Vacation, spending lottery winnings, etc.)

        Barcsi Janos

        --- "Alastair Millar" <alastair@...>
        > wrote:
        >Goodness me! I had no idea there were so many veg. lovers out there! ;-)
        >
        >I've been rather quiet for a while (*ignores the sighs of relief*), and a
        >couple of people asked why, so... I have had some personal problems to sort
        >out over the last couple of months, as well as such unwelcome distractions
        >as having all my wisdom teeth out under total anaesthetic a couple of weeks
        >ago (I'm still full of the drugs... yuck). Oh, not to mention vast amounts
        >of work, too, of course. The wife and kids are fine, thanks to those asked
        >:-)
        >
        >But.. hopefully I'm getting back to normal again, and with any luck I'll
        >soon be getting round to the backlog of stuff I've promised people (Polish
        >travelogues... Moravian jewellery.. etc...). Apologies to all for the
        >delays.
        >
        >Oh, and of course my website of SIG-related stuff is now waaaaaaaaay overdue
        >for an overhaul... for those who haven't seen it, it's still at
        >http://www.geocities.com/alastairmillar and has a load of mainly
        >early-period gumbo, including the only on-line timeline of Great Moravian
        >history. Anyone who wants their name added to the list of Bohemicists, let
        >me know! ;-)
        >
        >Anyone been to see the big "Europas mitte um 1000" exhibition yet? I think
        >it's still in Budapest... German catalogue has been published, and the
        >English one is at the printers' (you'll need a spare shelf...)
        >
        >Cheers
        >
        >A.
        >
        >---------------------------
        >Alastair Millar, BSc(Hons)
        >Consultancy and translation for the heritage industry
        >e-mail: alastair@..., http://www.skriptorium.cz
        >P.O.Box 685, CZ 111 21 Prague 1, Czech Republic

        ==
        The Honorable Lord
        SOV�NY BARCSI J�NOS
        c/o LTC J. C. Smith