Re: [sig] Estralla request

  • R.E.Mills
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2001
      "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil" wrote:

      > Anyone going to Estrella, could you please, for me, find out
      > how much they are going to charge for VCR copies of the movie, "In
      > Service to the Dream".

      Greetings:

      The info posted at the Estrella merchant booth for "In Service to the
      Dream" is as follows:

      ISTTD Video -- $40 (standard VHS format)
      ISTTD DVD -- $50 (advance orders, paid up front)
      ISTTD posters -- $25

      Various other merchandise (hats, t-shirts, etc) ranging from $25 to $35.

      The videos were on hand in the booth, but the DVDs were not. In fact,
      the DVDs, as of the close of war, had not been produced. They were
      taking orders for them, cash paid in advance, with a promise of shipping
      "within six weeks, we hope."

      Sounded kind of "iffy" to me and I chose not to order. No reflection on
      the good folk involved with the video -- who knows what could occur in
      the production chain between paying my money and actually getting a DVD
      in hand, especially since even the producers didn't have a DVD yet! I'm
      interested in the DVD version because it contains an additional hour of
      footage that is supposed to be mostly just SCAers doing their thing, as
      versus the video, which shows a lot of people talking about doing their
      thing.

      Anyway, hope the info is helpful!

      Mstislav

      P.S. -- Sorry I didn't find the SIG get-together at Estrella -- I was
      busy with security work during the nights and early mornings (Yes,
      "that" morning, too...) and couldn't find any clues as to where to meet.