Estralla request

  • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2001
               Anyone going to Estrella, could you please, for me, find out how much they are going to charge for VCR copies of the movie, "In Service to the Dream".  It was just finished and will be offered in a limited amount for sale at Estrella war.  This will be its first offering.  My barony would like a copy, but first they want to know how much it will cost.

      Thank you ever so much in advance for your help.

      Cu Drag,
      Despina de la Brasov
    • R.E.Mills
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 26, 2001
        "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil" wrote:

        > Anyone going to Estrella, could you please, for me, find out
        > how much they are going to charge for VCR copies of the movie, "In
        > Service to the Dream".

        Greetings:

        The info posted at the Estrella merchant booth for "In Service to the
        Dream" is as follows:

        ISTTD Video -- $40 (standard VHS format)
        ISTTD DVD -- $50 (advance orders, paid up front)
        ISTTD posters -- $25

        Various other merchandise (hats, t-shirts, etc) ranging from $25 to $35.

        The videos were on hand in the booth, but the DVDs were not. In fact,
        the DVDs, as of the close of war, had not been produced. They were
        taking orders for them, cash paid in advance, with a promise of shipping
        "within six weeks, we hope."

        Sounded kind of "iffy" to me and I chose not to order. No reflection on
        the good folk involved with the video -- who knows what could occur in
        the production chain between paying my money and actually getting a DVD
        in hand, especially since even the producers didn't have a DVD yet! I'm
        interested in the DVD version because it contains an additional hour of
        footage that is supposed to be mostly just SCAers doing their thing, as
        versus the video, which shows a lot of people talking about doing their
        thing.

        Anyway, hope the info is helpful!

        Mstislav

        P.S. -- Sorry I didn't find the SIG get-together at Estrella -- I was
        busy with security work during the nights and early mornings (Yes,
        "that" morning, too...) and couldn't find any clues as to where to meet.