Re: [sig] Letnik?

  • Kate Jones
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13, 2001
      Kies, Lisa sez:

      > "In the 14-15th cent. the loose stepped silhouette of clothing, emphasizing
      > the "grace" (statnost') of Russian women, endured little change. Innovation
      > affected the attire of rural inhabitants less of all... For noble city
      > dwellers, boyarinas, and princesses instead of the gown appeared letniki,
      > "koreli", and "opashni". "
      > -from Pushkareva, Natalia. Zhenshchiny drevney Rusi. 1989. Translated by
      > Lisa Kies.

      Oh well - way too late for me, then.

      > P.S. Thank you for the compliment.

      Hey, it's great stuff.

      Kat'ryna
      --
      Kate Jones | I turned my world upside-down
      kate@... | and that's how everything landed...
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13, 2001
        Kies, Lisa sez:

        > Thank you for posting this little exerpt. I've tried five times now to
        > reply to the SIG list, and none of them have come through. My version of
        > Netscape is very buggy. At least now I know that the main recipient got the
        > message. Hopefully, you haven't gotten too many duplicate responses. ;)

        Huh - I _did_ get it twice, once directly to my address, and once from
        the SIG list. So one of 'em got through, anyway...

        Weird-oid.

        Kat'ryna