Pearling

  • stasi.wa
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2001
      looked at it and all I could think
      was "egads, what a mess!"  I pulled a needle of thread through the beads
      (again) to make the line neater. It looks a little better.

      Hi,
      I do a great deal of beading.  The best way to do this is to do no more than 5 beads at a time. String the beads, place the needle down where you want it. then go back and couch each bead down. When you get to the last bead again, go through it so you are lined up to add 5 more beads. I am happy to say my lines are always straight and true!
      Kokoshniks are usually lined with a hard material like Birch Bark to give them strength and stiffness, that is after beading of course, I usually use a denim or canvas (several  layers) to stiffen while beading. It is important that the fabric be very firm or it puckers.
      Hope this helps,
      sincerely,
      Baroness Anastasia
      An Tir