Re: [sig] kokoshnik pearling, anyone?

  • Kate Jones
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2001
      Patricia Hefner sez:

      > I've just started to make another round kokoshnik--the "Novgorod" style.

      Woo-hoo! I hear I should make me one of those, too.

      > I finished the first long line tonight. I looked at it and all I
      > could think was "egads, what a mess!" I pulled a needle of thread
      > through the beads (again) to make the line neater. It looks a little
      > better.

      Yeah, that's what I wind up doing a lot, and it does seem to help...

      You might consider couching a strand or two of gold metal thread down
      each side of the line, too. I know they did that and it might be
      partially because it helps keep the darned things in place.

      Any chance you could post a picture, or several, when you're done? I
      _know_ the Novgorod kokoshnik should look like a pillbox hat, but I
      still can't manage to get the 40's style modern hat out of my head
      long enough to visualize what it's supposed to look like...

      Kat'ryna
      --
      Kate Jones | I turned my world upside-down
      kate@... | and that's how everything landed...