Re: [sig] Hungarian counties heraldry

  • vespirus@socrates.berkeley.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2001
      On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Lente wrote:

      > Was searching on www.google.com for Hungarian heraldry and came across
      > this link for hearldry of hungarian counties
      > http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/wooton/34/hungary/counties.html
      > and just thought it might be useful for someone. It is dated from 1876
      > for the 64 counties of the Kingdom of Hungary.

      For those who might be interested, I have seen a copy of a book in the Cal
      library on the same subject. The book includes dates of heraldic grants
      and on a search through it, I found no heraldry dated to SCA period --
      it's all rather complex civic arms and not at all like personal armory
      from Eastern Europe. It's a nice resource for someone interested in civic
      heraldry, but it's not useful for the medievalist.

      --Walraven