Hungarian counties heraldry

  • Lente
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 18, 2001
      Greetings all,

      Was searching on www.google.com for Hungarian heraldry and came across this link for hearldry of hungarian counties http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/wooton/34/hungary/counties.html
      and just thought it might be useful for someone. It is dated from 1876 for the 64 counties of the Kingdom of Hungary.

      Now if I could just find the one of the city of Pest my husband saw last week.

      Joyce, aka Kathws Rusa
    • vespirus@socrates.berkeley.edu
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 19, 2001
        On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Lente wrote:

        > Was searching on www.google.com for Hungarian heraldry and came across
        > this link for hearldry of hungarian counties
        > http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/wooton/34/hungary/counties.html
        > and just thought it might be useful for someone. It is dated from 1876
        > for the 64 counties of the Kingdom of Hungary.

        For those who might be interested, I have seen a copy of a book in the Cal
        library on the same subject. The book includes dates of heraldic grants
        and on a search through it, I found no heraldry dated to SCA period --
        it's all rather complex civic arms and not at all like personal armory
        from Eastern Europe. It's a nice resource for someone interested in civic
        heraldry, but it's not useful for the medievalist.

        --Walraven